I am available as a PAID speaker, expert panelist or workshop facilitator for the following topics or similar.
- Career change, courage and finding the work you love. Because nobody should have to dread their work.
- Personal branding for PhDs. Times have changed and according to NPR and CNBC, over 70% of jobs are filled via networking and NOT by applying for a long litany of jobs online. In this talk, I provide PhD students and PhDs with the tools to start building the networks that will have jobs and recruiters scrambling over them, not the other way around. The goal of this presentation is to help PhD students and PhDs build powerful personal brands they can use to land jobs outside academia.
- Alternative career paths for STEM students (college and graduate school levels). In my former role as an educator at a community college, I found that STEM students are not always clear on career paths available to them beyond traditionally well-known paths like medicine, pharmacy, and engineering. In this talk, I want to show students how to use their skills in lucrative yet lesser-known career paths.
- Creativity and entrepreneurship for PhDs. Starting a small business as a PhD has never been more accessible than right now. As someone who started and ran a small business as a freelance writer for four years, I can speak to audiences wanting to do the same.
- Social media and thought leadership for academics.
- Transitioning into a medical communications career.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how I can present to your group.
Feedback From Past Speaking Engagements
Past Speaking Engagements
- Genetics Society of America – Carer Panel on Medical Communications (July 2022)
- StemNoire – Building A Personal Brand That Prepares You for Non-Academic Careers (June 2022)
- Emerging Women Leaders at Boston University – Using Social Media To Establish Your Academic Profession and Thought Leadership (April 2022)
- Cohort Sistas – Branding Your Academic Self: Turning Expertise Into Opportunity (April 2022)
- University of Michigan MILEAD – Personal Branding For Careers Outside Academia (March 2022)
- Society of Women Engineers (University of South Florida Graduate Student Branch) – Building and Leveraging A Powerful Personal Brand As A Student (March 2022)
- University of Oxford – Careers Beyond Academia: Scientific and Medical Communications Panel (March 2022)
- Biotech Connection LA at the University of Southern California – Personal Branding for PhDs Workshop (February 2022)
- Nova Southeastern University – (February 2022)
- Brandeis University – Preparing for STEM Careers Outside Academia (January/September 2022)
- Johns Hopkins University Horizons Conference – Rethinking Networking in 2021: Shining a Spotlight on Relationship Building (December 2021)
- American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting – Public Scholarship and Practical Impacts Workshop: Media Training and Work Outside the Academy (December 2021)
- San Diego Biotechnology Networks Virtual Career Fair – Building your Personal Brand As a PhD (August 2021)
- Temple University – Branding Your Academic Self: Turning your expertise into opportunity (March 2021)
- University of California, Irvine (STEM-GPS program) – Personal Branding for PhDs (March 2021)
- University of Florida (Plant Science Council) – Recent Grads in Alt-Academic Careers (April 2021)
My 2022 speaking rate starts at $1500 for talks and workshops.
*If you are a student group or university with a budget less than this, you can still reach out me and I will make a decision on a case-by-case basis.
*Please note that my speaking rate is based on the lifetime value I provide the audiences I speak to.*