Invite Dr. Gertrude Nonterah to speak.
I am available as a PAID speaker, expert panelist or workshop facilitator for the following topics or similar:
Personal Branding for PhDs & Academics
According to NPR and CNBC, over 70% of jobs are filled via personal branding and networking and NOT by applying for a long litany of jobs online. The goal of this presentation is to help Ph.D. students and Ph.Ds build powerful personal brands that have jobs and recruiters scrambling over them, instead of the other way around.
Career Paths for STEM Students/Majors
In my former role as an educator at a community college, I found that STEM students are not always clear on career paths available to them beyond traditionally well-known paths like medicine, pharmacy, and engineering. In this talk, I want to show students how to use their skills in lucrative yet lesser-known career paths.
Social Media and Thought Leadership
I’ve often given this presentation to early to mid-career academics and professionals who want to learn how to use social media to build career-building thought leadership.
Medical Communications As A Career Path
Since 2018, I have been a medical communications professional. During this talk, I share my journey into medical communications and how people can transition into a career in medical communications.
Feedback From Past Speaking Engagements:
Where I’ve Spoken In The Past:
- University of Oxford – Careers Beyond Academia: Scientific and Medical Communications Panel
- Boston University (Emerging Women Leaders) – Using Social Media To Establish Your Academic Profession and Thought Leadership
- Johns Hopkins University – Rethinking Networking: Shining a Spotlight on Relationship Building
- Brandeis University – Preparing for STEM Careers Outside Academia
- University of Illinois, Chicago – Breaking Into Medical Communications As A Career
- Genetics Society of America – Career Panel on Medical Communications
- StemNoire – Building A Personal Brand That Prepares You for Non-Academic Careers
- Cohort Sistas – Branding Your Academic Self: Turning Expertise Into Opportunity
- Empowering Female Minds in STEM (University of Ghana) – Building Your Professional Brand as A STEM Professional
- University of Michigan (MILEAD) – Personal Branding For Careers Outside Academia
- Society of Women Engineers (University of South Florida Graduate Student Branch) – Building and Leveraging A Powerful Personal Brand As A Student
- University of Southern California/Biotech Connection LA – Personal Branding for PhDs Workshop
- Nova Southeastern University
- American Academy of Religion Annual Meeting – Public Scholarship and Practical Impacts Workshop: Media Training and Work Outside the Academy
- San Diego Biotechnology Networks Virtual Career Fair – Building your Personal Brand As a PhD
- Temple University – Branding Your Academic Self: Turning your expertise into Opportunity
- University of California, Irvine –Personal Branding for PhDs
- University of Florida (Plant Science Council) – Recent Grads in Alt-Academic Careers Panel
My speaking rate starts at $2000 for talks and workshops.
*If you are a student group or university with a budget less than this, you can still reach out to me and I will make a decision on a case-by-case basis.
*Please note that my speaking rate is based on the lifetime value I provide to the audiences I speak to.*
Social Stats for Dr. Nonterah
5200 subscribers/230,000+ views